Ben Tuck, Senior Solicitor
Ben is originally from Manchester and went to Cardiff University to study Law. Ben then undertook the Bar Vocational Course in 2005 and thereafter cross-qualified as a Solicitor in 2009. Ben joins Hains & Lewis after working as a Court Advocate for a specialist advocacy firm based in London and thereafter at a specialist Civil Litigation firm in Cardiff.
Ben has a wide range of experience in Civil Litigation having assisted Clients with cases before the Property Tribunal, Residential Property Tribunal and the County Courts. Ben can assist clients with any problems relating to:
- Property and Land disputes including trespass, nuisance, tree root claims, restrictive covenants claims, adverse possession, property damage, rights of way and other easements.
- Lease and Tenancy disputes including possession claims, rent claims, breaches of covenant, dilapidations and business lease renewals;
- Agricultural disputes relating to the land, livestock and machinery
- Debt recovery including Court enforcement and bankruptcy;
- Personal injury claims of all types;
- Contract disputes ranging from Sale of Goods matters to large commerical contracts;
- Professional Negligence actions, including claims against surveyors, solicitors, architects, engineers, financial advisors
- Contentious Probate matters
- Employment disputes
- Education disputes such as Admissions, Statement of Special Educational Needs, fines for non-attendance, exclusion of children, the nature and implementation of the curriculum.
- Claims relating to the provision or not by the Local Authority of Adult Social Care and disputes as to the type and level of care provided or not and as to whether or not the Local Authority pay.
- Mediation – A qualified mediator and experienced in representing parties in mediation
- Disputed sales of shared property (TOLATA) claims
Outside the office Ben has a young family but likes to spend any spare time walking, cycling and motorcycling.